Having ready made herb sauces and dips can help turn up your basic recipes and bring on the flavor. This creamy cashew sauce doesn't contain any dairy. I recommend using a high-speed blender for a smoother sauce. Drizzle over enchiladas, tacos, warm zucchini noodles or better yet use as a salad dressing for some extra zing! It’s also perfect for dipping raw veggies!
Be creative with you cashew cheese! You can add so many wonderful herbs to make it special: parsley, basil, chives, cilantro, summer savory, mint, dill, rosemary, thyme
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- pepper (to taste)
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 1 hour, preferably 3 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Add all ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for 30 to 60 seconds or until a smooth and creamy.
Makes about 2 cups.